Find out about the Edinburgh Compute and Data Facility (ECDF) and get an introduction to Eddie- a high performance computing cluster (HPC) running a Linux operating system.
You’ll learn about the hardware and software environment on the Eddie compute cluster and get an overview of supporting facilities offered by the ECDF.
The course covers:
- introduction to the job submission system and general environment on Eddie
- data storage and file management
- HPC and parallel programming concepts for running jobs simultaneously on more than one processor.
Basic Unix skills are required in order to be able to make the most of this course.
The course runs twice a year. It can also be run at School level, by arrangement.Find out more
Free or Paid for:
- One day course
- Can run at School level, by arrangement.
- Small group and teacher
- Online documentation
- Agricultural and Biological Sciences
- Business, Management and Accounting
- Computer Sciences
- Health Professions
- Material Science
- Physics and Astronomy
- Arts and Humanities
- Chemical Engineering
- Earth and Planetary Sciences
- Immunology and Microbiology
- Biochemistry, Genetics and Molecular Biology
- Economics, Econometrics and Finance
- Environmental Science
- Pharmacology, Toxicology and Pharmaceutics
- Social Sciences
Terms & Conditions
If you are unable to attend a course you have booked, please cancel through the University's Event Booking service. Attendance is recorded and failure to attend without prior notice may affect your future bookings. Standby places are offered to people on the waiting list, so please arrive in good time or your place may be reallocated as a standby.